Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday, Monday

6:17 P.M.

Ahhh, finally a day off from work! A good night's sleep can do wonders. Although I had a nightmare involving Al Pacino and a red Chanel trenchcoat.

I worked Thurs-Sun, which just happen to be our busiest times and it was craazy. Two declined credit cards, two dine and dashers (which were both "unintentional". A lady called in to pay and said she had forgotten), endless demands for off-the-menu items, and lots of Eastern Europeans. At least I didn't have to deal with a lot of bitchy, demanding customers. However, some people need to brush up on Restaurant Manners 101. Like Lesson 1: When someone says hello to you, you say hello back. Lesson 2: When asking for something off the menu, don't follow up by insulting the restaurant. Lesson 3: When being greeted by the server, don't interrupt by stating your order.
Easy enough, no? Then why do people fail so often???

So today I finally reached the visa department at the French Consulate and they said, "You should be lucky that your visa appointment is the day of departure. Some people don't have their appointment until after they leave." Uh, LUCKY? How typically French for the administration to dismiss your problems and call you fortunate. Goodbye wonderful 24 hour American service where the customer is always right and hello to French service with a frown. Laurent says his dad thinks Americans are bad workers. You mean, compared to the French who never work? Anyway, I will have to get my visa hours before I leave for France, which is a little scary, but if all goes well then at least it'll be taken care of.

I can't believe I have less than a month before I leave. It hasn't really hit me yet, although I am feeling a tinge of excitement (and sadness about leaving my friends/family).

So now I'm going to make my favorite flourless chocolate cake. Speaking of cooking, my crepes at work have been turning out really well, although I'm not supposed to be cooking. Hopefully by bosses don't read this blog.

1 comment:

BlondeInFrance said...

Hey there, didn't realize you had a blog, I'm eager to see how you find Metz this year! And it's a bit cold, but I just found it an excuse to buy lots of cute coats!