I'm watching the Olympics Opening Ceremony on TV right now and it's so exciting. With all the hype surrounding China right now, you can almost feel history and change taking place (sorry for the cheesy-ness). And although I'm only half Chinese and quite American in culture, I can't help but feel a tiny sense of pride for the country where my mom and ancestors came from.
The French athletes were so adorable in their hats/berets and jackets! I can hear Ricky Martin singing "Allez, allez, allez!" in my head (although that was for the World Cup and not the Olympics).
So I bought my train ticket from Pau to Metz, so everything is falling into place. I have to stop in Paris and transfer from Montparnasse to Paris Est and I am definetly not looking forward to transferring train stations with all my luggage! I'm having flashbacks of the nightmare I had going from Lyon to Charles de Gaulle on my way home last year. Now I just have to get my visa from the French consulate in San Francisco. I'm feeling so lazy these days, I can't be bothered to drive up there or take the BART, but I'll have to force myself to go soon.
Yawn, speaking of feeling lazy, I think I shall curl up in bed and read. I'm re-reading I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith, which is one of my favorite books (and movies). I could read it a thousand times, kinda like Harry Potter and Bridget Jones's Diary.
Urgh, I have an early morning at the bistro and Saturday afternoons are always the busiest. At least I get free coffee and espresso :)
No comments:
Post a Comment