3:36 A.M.
About a month ago, I saw a gorgeous black tuxedo jacket for women at Urban Outfitters. Retail price - $140, my reaction - "Hell no!" Two nights ago, I had a dream that I was going to senior ball again and had not picked anything to wear. I rummaged through my mom's clothes and found a pair of black slacks and a white slinky tank top. I decided to pull of the masculine look that's recently come into style (ex: vests, oxfords, etc...) and wished that I had the jacket from Urban to top it all off. Yesterday I went to Urban to return something and decided to browse the sale racks, when - low and behold! - there was the tuxedo jacket! In my size! For $20!!!! I tried it on and it fit like a glove. I swear, it's like I was destined to have this jacket. What for, who knows, but it is mine and beautiful.
Speaking of spending money, today I bought my one way ticket to Toulouse, France! I'm leaving from San Francisco on September 16 and my dear Laurent is going to pick me up from the airport :) I only have a little more than a month left at home and time seems to be going by so fast. I'm thinking I should start listening to my favorite French podcast again (the French Pod Class with Sebastien!) and brush up on my French vocab. I've had the cook at work laugh at me a few times when my phrases were incorrect, but whatever, his English is not perfect either and he asks me weird questions, like "What it means, 'sweet little nothings?'"
Over the weekend, a group of French people came into the bistro. I told a man that I was going to Metz and all he said was, "Il fait FROID à Metz!" If he thinks it's cold in Metz, then I, as a California girl, will probably freeze to death. I wish I could bottle up this summer weather and take it with me.
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment