Tuesday, September 16, 2008

This Trumpet in My Head

12:08 A.M.

Well, here's my last post from the States! The time has finally come and I'm feeling... slightly panicky and unprepared, but I still feel like it hasn't hit me that I am actually leaving. I had a BBQ last night to say goodbye to all my friends and still, nothing. I have a feeling that once I'm in the car or in the airport or on the plane, it will hit me really hard and the extreme stressing will begin. But for now, I'm uploading last minute things onto my laptop and packing away a bunch of things I think I might need and am probably forgetting some as well.

So this morning will go something like this:

7 A.M. - Wake up, shower
7:30 A.M. - Coffee with Cheryl
8:30 A.M. - Last touches on the packing, panic
10:15 A.M. - Leave for the airport
11 A.M. - Arrive in SF, check in, say goodbye and cry
12:55 P.M. - Plane leaves for Frankfurt, where I will transfer to Toulouse and Laurent will pick me up from the airport :)

I spent today with my friends Lan and Kristen. I had Japanese food/sushi at my favorite restaurant and dropped by Target to say goodbye. Then I did some shopping and found a nice, warm coat. My phone was ringing off the hook, but it made me all jumpy and I don't like talking on the phone very often, especially to say goodbye. Most of the time i just let it ring, so sorry if I didn't pick up your call!

For now I suppose I should resume packing. My next post will be in France, ahh!

No comments: