Friday, September 12, 2008

Like A Child

7:57 P.M.

It's a Friday night and I'm planning on staying home to get things set to go and hopefully relax a bit. I'm exhausted, I haven't been getting very much sleep these past few days and have been doing a lot of manual labor. So tonight, I'm gonna take it easy... I was planning on hitting up the bars one last time in San Francisco with some friends, but I just don't have the energy anymore.

Speaking of SF, I drove up there with the cook from work to get my visa! I really hate driving around the city, people are crazy and streets are confusing. But I got us safely there and the cook got me into the consulate without an appointment. I was surprised because I assumed that the people would throw a bitchfit considering their reputation for having a stick up their ass. The cook talked with the guard, who let me in and the lady at the desk didn't do much more than say that my name wasn't on the schedule. The whole process was effortless, I just turned in the paperwork and - tada! - I got my visa! I ran into three other people doing the same teaching program at the consulate. It's nice to know that we all share the same insecurities.

This morning I went to my old elementary school to observe a 3rd grade class. It was so strange to be back, everything seemed a lot smaller than I remembered. When I walked into the classroom, all the kids stared at me - shameless staring, really. The kids had so much energy and were really chatty, so the teacher had to tell them to quiet down about a thousand times. I was glad that the teacher talked to them like normal human beings and didn't baby them to death.

I came home for lunch and finished cleaning up my room. It's so empty right now, I feel like I'm sitting in a white box. I came across tons of notes, notes from ex-boyfriends, notes to friends, old photos, drawings I'd done, etc... I cleaned and inhaled dust for about 7 hours and now here I am.

As for the rest of my time at home, I'm working my last day at the bistro tomorrow night. I'll have to do some last minute shopping, packing, and say my goodbyes. Then bonjour, France!

No comments: