11:15 A.M. (Frankfurt, Germany)
Well, here I am in Frankfurt! I have a 3 hour layover and then I'll take a short plane ride over to Toulouse! I feel the jetlag kicking in a bit, it's 2:18 A.M. at home. There is a baby screaming, my head feels all fuzzy from the 10 hour plane ride, and my body is stiff from trying to sleep against the plane window. I paid 8 Euros for 1 hour of internet, but I figured that I could also call my parents on Skype, which would be pricey if I used the pay phone. It feels weird to be back in Europe. Almost like I never left. Almost.
Saying goodbye to my parents was hard, but not as hard as last time I left for a year. I only cried a little bit, I'm so proud of myself. I feel like I'm not going to be gone for very long or time is going to pass by so quickly.
Urrgh, I ended up sitting next to this big German guy who kept elbowing me. He slept for most of the flight and I had to pee so badly, but didn't want to wake him up. The movies were so crappy (Speed Racer, Kung Fu Panda, Maid of Honor [which I actually watched and found so predictable and horrible, even with Patrick Dempsy to drool over], why???) and I didn't even get my own little screen. Sigh.
My internet time is going to expire in 6 minutes, so I think I shall pass the rest of my layover reading the paper and rehydrating myself. I just wish I had my bed to sleep in right now...
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad the first part of your journey went well! Good luck (re)adapting to France!
Post a Comment