Friday, June 27, 2008

42

After a week of frantically checking the mail for my packet of info from the French academie, the sun, moon, and stars finally all aligned and smiled down upon me as I found the envelope waiting on the counter for me this afternoon. I eagerly (and maybe a little too ceremoniously) opened it up and found that I've been placed in.... Metz! Of course I rushed over to my computer and started Googling everything about the city, and it actually looks pretty cute! Apparently they have a hot air balloon festival every year.

The downside is, reading the list of all the administrative crap I'm going to start working on gives me nightmarish flashbacks of the red tape and endless French bureaucracy that will require jumping through flaming hoops to finish. Le sigh...

Anywho, I've been on the job hunt (I hate how I've been demoted from scholarly university student to "unemployed") and sent out my resume to a few places. I got an e-mail back from this really cute French cafe, but we'll see how it goes. I just need to make some cash this summer to cushion myself against the Euro. Plus, with all my friends on vacation in Europe (when are you supposed to come visit me if you've just went??) or being adults with real jobs, I need something to do other than watching marathons of The Office and rereading old books. I still have a pile of stuff I brought back from school that I haven't unpacked. Oi.

Anyway, I am going to a floormate reunion tomorrow at Great America, a themepark nearby. I don't think I've been there since 8th grade. I'm also looking forward to watching Wall-E!!!

So now I shall leave you to finish off Season 4 of The Office.


2.5 more months...

P.S. - I got a haircut. Alfred lopped off 6 inches of my hair! I think I'm having haircut remorse...

No comments: