Sunday, July 6, 2008

Modern Nature

12:23 A.M.

Raaahhhhh I got 3 hours of sleep last night and I'm still awake! I always do this to myself. Today was my first Saturday morning shift at work and it was pretty busy and tiring. My co-worker and the cook said that this was a slow day, too. A couple high school friends came to visit for lunch. They were saying that they would complain about me on yelp.com for having hairy knuckles (and for the record, I don't). Somehow I made it through the day, it wasn't until I was in the car driving home that I really started feeling tired. My mom says I'm just running on adrenaline. Grabbed a cup of tea with a friend, came home, and crashed.

On Thursday, I had to work with this girl, V. She's really nice and all, but she has this arrogance about her that I cannot stand. She pronounces Michael Buble's name "Michelle" and laughs to herself about how her friend says she "frenchifies" everything. She name drops Mirah and Feist like I don't know who they are and when someone ordered a latte, replied by saying, "Well, there are a number of ways we can do this..." Cannot stand arrogance, especially when there is no reason for someone to be arrogant. I will say, though, that she made a good lemon and honey crepe for my lunch, as well as a baguette, brie, and apple snack. It was also nice to have someone around my age to talk to, when she wasn't sighing about her massage license.

Lucky me, I got the 4th of July off. My parents threw a party and a few of my friends came over. Five of us went through two bottles of red wine and two bottles of champagne. Needless to say, we were all a bit on the tipsy side and trying to be on our best behavior in front of my parents and their friends.

I'm going on a cruise to Alaska with my family today. We're flying to Seattle in the morning and getting on the ship from there. I have a feeling I may be seasick for the first day. Yuck. My family hasn't been on a vacation all together in a long time. Maybe not for a good 1o years. I wonder how this will go... I should also get to bed since I will be waking up at 5:30 A.M. Urrghh....

No comments: