Oops, I guess I've been neglecting this blog for a while, but I'm back now.
A lot has happened since the last time I wrote, Laurent came to visit me for two and a half weeks and I was so happy to see him. We spent a weekend in San Francisco, went to a Warriors game, went to the beach, played Scrabble and Roulez, went out to eat, and I even took him to class with me one day so he could see what an American university was like. It was really hard for me when he left. I had a huge paper due the next day and caught a fever. But I will be seeing him in September!
On Thursday, I got an e-mail saying that I've been accepted to teach English this fall! They put me in Nancy-Metz, which is on the total opposite end of France that I wanted to be on (I wanted to be in Toulouse). I talked to Laurent about it and he says he'll be in the Nancy area often for his job, so I'm happy. I'm still searching for some opportunities to work in Toulouse, but at least I know I am going to France for sure! I'm so excited because some of my friends that were studying in Lyon with me will be in Europe and I will able to see my French friends again. There's also a girl in my French Civ class who's going to Nancy-Metz on the same program as me.
In the meantime, I'm still looking for a summer job and am waiting around to graduate. I am so over school! I have huge projects and papers coming up in the next few weeks, it's so frustrating. But I am going to Vegas during Memorial Day weekend, so I have that to look forward to at least..
And it seems I will be getting about 4 hours of sleep tonight. Ugh...
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment