I need to get my act together. Being organized and on top of things was one of my New Years Resolutions and I've been half assing it. I just can't seem to get focused on all the reading I have to do for class. I always find something else to do that seems important at the time, like go grocery shopping, do my laundry, cook, go to the movies, read other things, etc... Need to focus, need to focus...
I was so stressed today at work because it seemed like everyone from each branch of the company needed me to run some errand for them (such is the life of an office bitch). I was tired and hungry and grumpy, but after I got off work, I bought some M&Ms and went to the library to return a book and I felt so happy. I think some credit is due to my iPod, which was on shuffle and played an excellent mix (I feel like this does not happen often). I copied down the list so I could potentially spread some good vibes and because I'm procrastinating. I will for sure start the reading after this. I promise.
1. Danger Doom - Cross Hairs
2. Pixies - Here Comes Your Man
3. Interpol - Slow Hands
4. Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton - Our Hell
5. The Decemberists - July, July!
6. Gorillaz - Rock the House
7. Otis Redding - Sitting on the Dock of the Bay
8. The Cure - Love Song
9. Cat Power - Could We
10. Radiohead - Let Down
11. Al Green - Let's Get Married
12. The Cure - Mint Car
One of my fave shows is No Reservations hosted by Anthony Bourdain. I think I am sort of in love with him, which may be a bit disturbing as he is around the same age as my mom. Anyway I stumbled upon a critique which he wrote as a guest blogger about the Food Network and their chefs. I'm a big Food Network fan, but I found this article so amusing and often painfully true. See for yourself! Rachael Ray fans beware!
Friday, January 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment