Monday, May 12, 2008

Mercy

12:54 A.M.

Currently at home home (parent's house) and this weekend felt gooooood. It had only been 2 weeks since I'd been home, but it felt like forever! Probably because of my exhausting schedule at school and then returning to an overcrowded, messy house with no food in the pantry. Honestly, I ate nothing but spaghetti for three days straight because I don't have a car and couldn't go to the grocery store. I couldn't even remember the last time I ate a vegetable.

Once my dad picked me up from the bus station, I had some yummy home cooked food. He even made my favorite salmon last night :) Other stuff I did this weekend: went out for drinks with Cheryl, saw Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr. is pure sex), went shopping and found the perfect shade of red lipstick, went grocery shopping, made chocolate souffle, and ate two huge meals today with family and family friends for Mother's Day.

I also got a job offer for the summer at a tutoring agency I worked for two years ago. The pay is really good, but I remember hating the job so much... I'm not really good with kids (which is ironically what I'm going to be doing for 9 months in France). But I could really use the money... I'm gonna have to think this over for a bit.

Also today I went to Fantasia with Kristen and there was this really creepy guy following us. We were walking in the parking lot when I noticed him crossing our path, but then he turned in our direction like he was going to run into us. Kristen and I quickened our pace and went into the store, but soon he came in and stood behind us in line, then went into the bathroom. When we sat down with our drinks he came out and sat near us, reading a newspaper without ordering anything. He kept watching us and Kristen says his eyes followed me when I went up to the cash register. I tried to stick it out and continue our conversation, but I felt too uncomfortable so we just went back to my house.
At times like this it makes me really pissed off to received unwanted, creepy attention just for being a woman. Obviously these guys have problems, but they have no right to make me feel violated. The funny thing is after I told my mom about this, she said that I wouldn't feel the same way if the guy had been some hot stud. hahaha...

Anyway, I should start my homework before Laurent gets online. I'm still really stressed out about school. I just want to graduate already.

Duffy - Mercy
(I just heard this song on the radio this weekend and it's so darn catchy. It'll probably get overplayed and I'll get sick of it, but for the moment it sounds good to me.)

No comments: