11:05 P.M.
YEEEEE, just looked at my CAF account online and I was paid 2 days ago! I had no idea they just deposited the money into my bank account, my friends always had a check sent to them. Hurrah, hurrah, hurrah, sometimes I really love France and their social aide :) It might even partially make up for all the ridiculous red tape and long waiting periods.
And to make up for my mini-rant on bad French music (below), I have nothing but love for Revolver, the French band who opened for Lykke Li when I saw her December show in Paris. They remind me of a younger, less hipster version of Kings of Convenience.
Today was a good day and I feel like I'm slowly being pulled out of my lazy winter rut. Weather can make such a difference on people's moods. The sun is starting to come out little by little and I feel less restless and more excited about travel opportunities. I just talked to my mom and she told me about how shitty our economy is back home. With that in mind, I want to take advantage of the fact that I have a job, a salary, and am living in Europe to see as much as I can before having to worry about being unemployed and broke off my ass. Which is why I've decided to take my first ever solo trip to Dijon this weekend. (Insert mustard joke here.) Ok, so Dijon is not THAT far (3 hours by train) and it's not a huge city, but doing it alone seems like a freaky adult thing to do, yet also deep and soul search-y. It will also be my first time couchsurfing at someone's place, which seems sorta adventurous. So this is the weekend I'll try not to freak out and take some baby steps into the world of solo traveling. Go me!
Monday, March 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment