Thursday, March 26, 2009

Scatterbrain

2:35 P.M.

Argh, I have about a billion exams to correct and grades to give out. Plus I'm planning on going to Brussels this weekend, which gives me zero time to do anything! And yet, here I am drinking coffee on the couch.
Just a few points to make:

1. There's a little French boy who waits for me at lunch on the corner of the street. His parents work at a bistro nearby, which is next to the bus station and we walk together. He is too adorable! I want to pinch his cheeks, but that would be awkward. He asked me if I started studying French because someone asked me if I wanted to and recited the words we learned today.

2. Went to a bar last night and played a game where the host plays a song clip and each team has to buzz in first to say who the song is by. My team went to the finals and ended up in 3rd place (out of 14). I knew almost all the American songs, but only 2 French songs (Qui de nous deux by M and Dit moi by BB Brunes).

3. Started the speaking section of the A1 exam with my CM2 students and almost cried when some of them couldn't tell me what the weather was like in a picture. This is their 3rd year of English, we spent 3 weeks talking about weather, and we say what the weather is like at the beginning of each class!! How do they not know the word for "cloudy" yet??

4. Vacation is approaching and my mom and sister are coming to Metz next weekend! We're going to Aix en Provence and then back up to Germany. I have 5 days of vacation free after they leave and am wondering where to go. It's strange knowing that I have the choice of going virtually anywhere in Europe... Before I go home, I vow to go to the Canary Islands, Italy, Dublin, Scandinavia, and/or Morocco. Augh, so many places to choose from!

5. (Most) French kids have ridiculously neat handwriting. They're, what, 11 years old and they already have neater handwriting than me. Yes, even the boys.
Here's proof: Guess which test belongs to a boy and which belongs to a girl.

A.
B.

See how my handwriting looks like chicken scratch next to theirs? And you might notice that I wrote "Respond in ENGLISH" because I do have students who will write in French if I don't specify.
So the correct answers: A was written by a boy and B was written by a girl.

And a happy birthday to Keira Knightley :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

Are you on a 7 or 9 month contract? Because no one has mentioned a word to me about an exam for my CM2s, and they all think that I am here for 9 months (even though I'm not...)

Also, none of my kids would be able to do the exercise you put pictures of. And I had a riot today (no joke) in a CE2 class. UGH my schools suck!

And Twilight hasn't come yet! I'm going crazy!!