Thursday, February 5, 2009

This is me complaining

4:28 P.M.

French Top 40 music is so bad! And I swear every morning I turn on my radio to get ready for work, the same 3 annoying songs are playing. Whoever invented bad, Eurotrashy techno music should really be caged and forced to listen to French morning radio.
My roomie is watching the top 10 hits on TV and it's quite hilarious how some French pop artists try to imitate American music videos with bad dance moves, "bling", and cheesy slang. Medhy Custos' video "Mes Divas" is a good example. And it made it all the way to #5!



I'm not knocking all French music, I like Daft Punk, Air, Francoise Hardy, etc... but lots of French pop and hip hop (especially the music French "homies" blare on the bus/metro) seems like a poor imitation of American music. A few people have asked me if French pop music is famous in the U.S. I think there's a reason it isn't...

Wheeeee I had my last day at Monster School before break. The kids were as obnoxious as ever and I will be SO glad to have a 2 week break from them. But the extremely good news is that I talked with the directeur and we're going to go back to my old schedule, where I taught in the classroom with the teacher present. Muahahahahaa I can't wait to be smug and see their disappointed faces when they find out there will be no more unsupervised English classes. Today a kid was actually trying to steal things off my desk while I was right in front of him! And later he got up and started circling it again like a fucking vulture. I really really really need a vacation...

Taking the train to Paris tomorrow night, staying overnight, and flying to NY first thing Saturday morning. YES to dim sum, root beer, and spending in dollars :)

No comments: