4:04 P.M.
Ah, Wednesday, one of my new favorite days of the week! French kids get Wednesdays off at school, which means I get to sleep in and relax. I haven't even started teaching yet, but at least I don't have to wake up early and observe today. I start teaching tomorrow, so I'm going to spend the rest of the day planning out my lessons and the structure of the class. This week will just be "My name is _____" and "I'm from ________."
Yesterday, I went to one of my schools to observe and there was this little Asian boy in the CE2 class. He kept pointing at me to other students and pulling back his eyelids. That really started to piss me off and the teacher didn't even say anything to him! He did it about 50 times, so I don't know how she didn't see it. I think he's probably just glad that there is finally someone who resembles him. Anyway, when I'm his teacher, I'll be putting an end to this. I figured that the kids would be confused about having an Asian English teacher, but I really don't want to have to deal with this kind of behavior. In another class, the teacher introduced me by saying (or yelling, rather), "She is NOT your friend. She is your teacher and you must obey her!" Muahahahahhaaa!!!
Today, Kathy took me and Taylor to this boulangerie near her school that has a sandwich menu (a sandwich, dessert, and drink) for only 3.90 Euros! And the food was really good! How do they make any profit on that?? And last night we went to a pub next door to my apartment and a panache was only 2 Euros! This French guy kept coming up to our table and asking if he could buy us drinks. We said no, but somehow I ended up with a pina colada in my hands. And then 30 minutes later, he came back and wanted to buy us more. When we said no, he said, "I'm sorry, I guess I just don't have any friends... Shit, I'm drunk."
Anyway, I should probably stop procrastinating now. I really don't want to be strict and bitchy with the students, but I know it's almost essential if I want them to actually listen to/respect me. I've been told that I have what is called an "angry resting face," which means I look unhappy when I'm not smiling, so maybe that will come in handy for once!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment