6:17 P.M.
So I have officially found an apartment in Metz! What makes it official is not that I've signed papers yet, but that I've put a large sum of money down for it. A large some of my money, I might add. It's scary and yet strangely fulfilling because I feel like I'm slowly becoming more financially independant and, well, more adult-like (ahhh, noooo). I'm determined to pay for my own expenses in France, although I might let my parents help me with my plane tickets :)
A few things that sold me on this apartment:
1. Central location
2. The kitchen appears to be relatively big with nice gadgets and a real oven (vs. my "easy bake" oven in Lyon and lack of a microwave)
3. French room mate
4. It looks spacious... although pictures can be deceiving!
5. Another American assistant lived there last year (that's how I found the place), which means it must be legit since she didn't warn me about any big problems.
So that's one big thing I can cross off my list of things to do! Each time I accomplish something, I feel like moving to France becomes more real.
Last night I went out for a drink with some friends and we bitched about work, bosses, and guy problems. As we were talking, it struck me that we've transitioned into being 20-somethings and we've moved on from complaining about exams and professors. We have jobs, we're making money, we're making changes in our lives. It's... weird.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment