I spent a wonderful X-mas at home, it was good to celebrate it with my family and friends this year. Last year I was staying at my ex-host family's home in northern France, where my French mother made an amazing 5 course meal on Christmas Eve and we opened presents afterwards because the youngest daughter was so excited, she couldn't wait for the morning. I miss being so impatient for Christmas to come. Sometimes growing up can be so sad.
It used to be that I woke up at 6:30 AM and raced around the house, trying to get everyone to wake up so that we could open presents. We'd put off breakfast until after gift opening because I couldn't wait. This year, my brother and I slept in until 11:30 AM and my dad had to force us to wake up. We had a long breakfast and then opened presents. I slept in for another 3 hours, baked a tart, had Christmas dinner, went out for pearl tea with friends, then went to Nicole's house to play Rock Band (which is such a genius game!!!). I've missed spending time with my friends from high school. We always have such a great chemistry together, no matter how much time we spend apart and how different our experiences are.
Christmas picture of us taken in Dec. 2004 (first year of college):

and here is Christmas 2007 (last year of college), taken around the same table:

claire, andrea, me, ann, and nicole
No comments:
Post a Comment