Well this is a really great time to be starting a blog. It's 1:04 AM and I'm currently waiting out the last of my cold and lying in bed in my old room in my parents' house (would that count as my house still?). I've had an extra long Thanksgiving break because I got sick over the weekend and decided that staying at home and letting my parents take care of me is definitely better than trying to get better in an overcrowded house near school. My mom is driving me back early in the morning and I have so much catching up to do.
In fact, my life is a bit of a mess at the moment. I seriously need to get my act together. I spent the most amazing year abroad in Lyon, France and it seems I haven't really been able to adjust to being back here, even after 3 months. I'm finishing up my last year of college and am trying to enjoy it while it lasts, but at the same time I feel so restless and wish I could be over and done with it already. I'm feeling pretty resentful towards school right now because I have two huge papers due next week and finals following it the week after. And guess what... I've barely started!! Unfortunately, I'm also a horrible procrastinator.
On top of going to school and working a part time job (I'm an administrative assistant at a business office on campus... exciting, no?), I'm looking for a job for after graduation.
One big goal is to hop back over the pond to France and I'm eying the city of Toulouse in particular.
Another one of my big goals is to be a pastry chef and someday own my own cafe. I love baking and even my dad is encouraging me to go to culinary school. God knows I've wanted to be all sorts of things in my earlier years (actress, first lady president, gas station attendant???), but hopefully I can be decisive for once and stick with it.
One day I may look back on this and think of how exciting this all was, all these opportunities and not knowing where life will take me, blah blah blah... but for now it really sucks.
So I've decided to create this blog to chart this "exciting" time of my life. For now, though, I should really be sleeping. Ugh, I always tend to write too much
.

Here's an apple tart I baked for Thanksgiving. Just like how they make them in France, non?
No comments:
Post a Comment