Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Launch Yourself

7:16 P.M.

Thank Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, this school year is almost at an end! No more bratty students, no more frowny teachers, and no more awkward teaching!!!! Only a week and a half left!
Once work is done, I have a week to pack up my stuff and get ready for my mega-vacation. It looks something like this:

7 July - 10 July: Isle of Man
10 - 14: London
14 - 18: Stockholm
18 - 21: Gothenburg
21 - 24: Oslo
24 - 27: Bergen
27 - 30: Back in Metz, pack, panic
30 July: Frankfurt to San Francisco!!

I almost cried when I calculated how much it went over my budget, but after 9 months of doing a job I dislike, it's time to celebrate the fact that it's ovaaaaah!! And I will (hopefully) be saving money on lodging by couchsurfing instead of staying in a hostel. I've now couchsurfed 4 times and have only had amazing experiences and fond memories. I hope to find more cool people to couchsurf with cause I am kind of worried about traveling alone for 3 weeks... But planning this trip is forcing me to be organized and work on budgeting (which I have so far failed at doing) because now that I'm traveling alone, I can virtually go anywhere and do anything I want to do without worrying about someone else's agenda. This means me making decisions, which I SUCK at.

And speaking of couchsurfing, I went to Bern about two weeks ago with Taylor and we couchsurfed with Daniel and Marcel, coolest guys ever:


Looks like Disneyland to me


Daniel (Chris Martin lookalike!!), me, Marcel, and Taylor at a reggae club/concert


Eating fried fish after jumping into the freezing lake

No comments: