8:38 P.M.
It is cold. I left my apartment this morning and was practically frozen to death by the time I got on the bus... and it's only Day 1. I'm sure it'll get worse as the days progress. I refuse to step outside tonight, I'm snug as a bug in a rug in my room with the heater blasting, drinking a hot cup of English breakfast tea, and begging my room mate to teach me bad German words ("pups" means fart, teehee).
Speaking of walking to the bus stop, I have the hardest time making my way home from there after work. I have to walk down the big shopping street with colorful window displays and stylish mannequins. It's kind of like the supermarket, where they put the yummy, tempting snacks in the center aisles and the milk in the back. Ain't that so sneaky? If I've had a long day with the kids, there's a voice inside my head that says, "Go on, you deserve it." Ugh!
Everyone has been talking about how much trouble they've been having with sleeping. A month ago, one of the other assistants mentioned that it was because of the moon. Since then, I've heard it several times. Both of my room mates have been having trouble sleeping this week and two nights ago I lay awake in bed the ENTIRE night, until my alarm went off. I just lay there! And then I had a long day ahead of me with the kids. Really, the moon? Weird.
Anyway, am gonna watch the new episode of Grey's Anatomy. I'm gonna see The Dutchess on Sunday, wooh! It came out in the States 2 days after I left for France and it just came out here.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment